You are here
Top Ten signs That You're Going to Have a Bad IEP Meeting
June 27, 2007 by kathy
By Colleen F. Tomko
- The IEP invitation lists "drive-thru" hours.
- When you get to the meeting, the staff want to know what you are doing there.
- They give you complimentary white flags and tissues.
- Your child's student ID # is 666.
- They try to convince you that the attending speech therapist really is the janitor's identical twin.
- You find yourself explaining that... the regs say they can use IU's for related services, not I-O-U's.
- The special ed coordinator says 'Have we got a place for your kid".
- They think "inclusion" is some type of venereal desease.
- The staff is bumming because their label maker burned out.
- You over hear the staff talking about the Least "Resisted" Environment.