You are here
What it takes to be the parent of a child with Autism
June 27, 2007 by kathy
- Scientific researcher
- Education advocate and educator
- Insurance specialist
- Herbalist and dietitian
- Indian Chief/witch Doctor
- Physicians assistant
- Expert negotiator and arbitrator (IEP) nuff said
- Fund raiser
- Political lobbyist/activist
- Speech and letter writer
- Lectures "R" us
- Internet explorer
- Book reviewer
- Play date party organizer/caterer and referee
- Web site designer
- Assistive technology and software reviewer and beta tester and inventor
- Never ending explorer of ways to say "GOOD JOB!"
- Crisis intervention specialist (Talking your spouse or other parents off the tower.)
- Stamina of a Marathon runner. And world class speed.
- The defensive prowess of Bruce Lee. Wax on/Wax off.
- Clown (Big feet Big nose red hair the whole 9 yards.)
- Santa impersonator
- Disney movie cataloger/VCR Mechanic (Grill cheese in the VCR ect....)
- High angle rescue specialist (How in the heck did she get on the roof.)
- Get me my patch kit honey there's another hole in the wall.
- A good chin. You know like Rocky.
- You should not be able to tell or care if your having a good or bad hair day.
- Advertiser/campaigner (Therapist wanted flexible hours etc......)
- Sleep deprivation threshold of a Navy SEAL.
- Low sensitivity to screaming and/or loud banging noises.
- Man do I love to do laundry.